Senior Software Engineer (all genders) - Focus Frontend
We are a growing business despite Covid-19.
Searchmetrics delivers predictable success that allows data-driven marketers to reach all of their search and content goals. We make this possible with our comprehensive portfolio of data, software, and services that combine the sustainable success of organic with the predictable returns otherwise only achievable by investing in paid media. We work for marketers who rely on search and content performance to drive revenue and elevate their brands.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is proficient with React.js. Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following a well-known React.js workflow. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain in an agile environment. You will coordinate with the rest of the cross-functional feature team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
As a Developer at Searchmetrics, you will be responsible for aggregating and processing the data we need for our business.
Every engineering team can choose their technologies and development process to ensure flexibility and autonomy. We are operating with a "you build it, you run it approach", which means that every team is responsible for their services from planning to deployment and maintenance. Dev-Ops support the teams to maximize the stability of their applications and systems.
Design easily-build, scalable and stable architecture in collaboration with the team
Develop lean, testable, and efficient code in an agile environment to ensure cost and resource efficiency
Write documentation to make sure other people can easily comprehend
Test and peer-review code to ensure results meet business and user requirements and to gain confidence about quality, usability, and stability
Maintain software and infrastructure to keep accessibility and availability high and to keep up-to-date, this includes among others: monitoring & alerting, escalate and solve incidents, fix bugs
Refactor systems, code, and services to improve efficiency, to keep up with the state of art, and to improve user experience
Support, guide, and mentor team members to help build the team’s overall knowledge and to implement best practices
- Work with the Product Manager, CSM, and other stakeholders to understand customer requirements for particular features of the products
- Collaborate closely with other development teams and other stakeholders to create holistic solutions
- If applicable, grow engineering teams by supporting the interviewing, recruiting, and hiring process
What’s in for you?
- A career model supporting your personal growth into an expert or leadership role
- A business environment, where you will have an impact on what you do
- A multi-national team of cool people out of more than 25 different countries
- Team- and company events
- 28 days of vacation, 30 days after two years
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- You possess a thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- You have experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux, Redux or Relay)
- You have experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- You have a basic knowledge of functional programming concepts
- Familiarity with RESTful or GraphQL APIs would be a plus
- You have experience with common front-end development and build pipelines tools such as Babel
- Webpack, NPM, etc.
- You have the ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Code versioning tools, especially Git are familiar to you
- You have a knack for benchmarking and optimization
Sounds great for you? Let's talk and see how much of a fit we are. You're welcome to apply through our careers page in only one minute. After you have successfully applied you will get a confirmation e-mail straight away. If you shouldn't receive an e-mail from us, please check your junk mail and whitelist our e-mail.