Platform Management- Senior Software Engineer (m/f/x) in Croatia - Focus Backend
Searchmetrics provides the data, software platforms and expertise that drive online revenue and elevate brands. Data-driven marketers value Searchmetrics for its ability to deliver the predictable success that enables them to reach their search and content goals. We do this by delivering customer-focused products and results-driven consultancy that create tangible value for our clients.
As a Developer at Searchmetrics you will be responsible for aggregating and processing the data we need for our business. Platform Management, which is one of the 7 other engineering teams, works independently and is self-organised using the Scrum methodology. Their main tasks covers overseeing all the aspects which are linked to the projects f.ex: key information, engines, tags, events, benchmarks, analytics. They take responsibility of management of licenses or sub-licenses, projects & users. The main focus is on migration such as: adding new processes missing in old suite into the new one.
Every team can choose their technologies and development process to ensure flexibility and autonomy. We are operating with a "you build it, you run it approach", which means that every team is responsible for their services from planning to deployment and maintenance. Dev-Ops support the teams to maximize the stability of their applications and systems.
Your mission in detail
Design easily-build, scalable and stable
architecture in collaboration with the team
lean, testable and efficient code in an agile environment to ensure cost and resource efficiency
Write documentations to make sure other people can easily comprehend
Test and peer-review code to ensure results meet business and user requirements and to gain confidence about quality, usability and stability
software and infrastructure to keep accessibility and availability high and to keep up-to-date, this includes among others: monitoring & alerting, escalate and solve incidents, fix bugs
Refactor systems, code and services to improve efficiency, to keep up with the state of art and to improve user experience
Support, guide and mentor team-members to help build the team’s overall knowledge and to implement best practices
- Work with the Product Manager, CSM and other stakeholders to understand customer requirements for particular features of the products
- Collaborate closely with other development teams and other stakeholders to create holistic solutions
- If applicable, grow engineering teams by supporting the interviewing, recruiting and hiring process
What’s in for you?
- A career model supporting your personal growth into an expert or leadership role
- A business environment, where your will have impact with what you do
- A multi-national team of cool people out of more than 25 different countries
- Free drinks and fruits as well as regularly company breakfast and pizza days
- Team- and company events
- Urban Sports (M) or Fitness First membership and in-house gym
- 28 days of vacation, 30 days after two years
- Pension provision
- The coolest and fluffiest office dogs on planet
- You worked several years successfully as a Senior Engineer incl. mentorship responsibilities and functional leadership in tech
- You have excellent Java skills (language and platform)
- Ideally you have profound experience in Big Data Technologies like Hadoop, Spark or Kafka
- You bring in experience in working with distributed systems and in drafting software-architectures
- You have experience in working with the AWS ecosystem
- You are open to learn new technologies (Frontend incl.)
- You are ready and willing to share your knowledge across teams
- You are open minded and a real team player
- You have business-fluent English language skills
Sounds great for you? Let's talk and see how much of a fit we are. You're welcome to apply through our careers page in only one minute. After you have successfully applied you will get a confirmation e-mail straight away. If you shouldn't receive an e-mail from us, please check your junk mail and whitelist our e-mail.