Senior Software Engineer (all genders) - Focus Backend
Searchmetrics delivers the predictable success that allows data-driven marketer to reach all of their search and content goals. We make this possible with our comprehensive portfolio of data, software and services that combines the sustainable success of organic with the predictable returns otherwise only achievable by investing in paid media. We work for the marketers who rely on search and content performance to drive revenue and elevate their brands.
As a Developer at Searchmetrics you will be responsible for aggregating and processing the data we need for our business.
Every engineering team can choose their technologies and development process to ensure flexibility and autonomy. We are operating with a "you build it, you run it approach", which means that every team is responsible for their services from planning to deployment and maintenance. Dev-Ops support the teams to maximize the stability of their applications and systems.
Your mission in detail
Design easily-build, scalable and stable
architecture in collaboration with the team
lean, testable, and efficient code in an agile environment to ensure cost and resource efficiency
Write documentation to make sure other people can easily comprehend
Test and peer-review code to ensure results meet business and user requirements and to gain confidence about quality, usability, and stability
software and infrastructure to keep accessibility and availability high and to keep up-to-date, this includes among others: monitoring & alerting, escalate and solve incidents, fix bugs
Refactor systems, code, and services to improve efficiency, to keep up with the state of art, and to improve user experience
Support, guide, and mentor team members to help build the team’s overall knowledge and to implement best practices
- Work with the Product Manager, CSM, and other stakeholders to understand customer requirements for particular features of the products
- Collaborate closely with other development teams and other stakeholders to create holistic solutions
- If applicable, grow engineering teams by supporting the interviewing, recruiting, and hiring process
What’s in for you?
- A career model supporting your personal growth into an expert or leadership role
- A business environment, where you will have an impact on what you do
- A multi-national team of cool people out of more than 25 different countries
- Team- and company events
- 28 days of vacation, 30 days after two years
- You worked several years successfully as a Senior Engineer incl. mentorship responsibilities and functional leadership in tech
- You have excellent Java skills (language and platform)
- Ideally, you have profound experience in Big Data Technologies like Hadoop, Spark, or Kafka.
- You bring experience in working with distributed systems and in drafting software-architectures
- You have experience in working with the AWS ecosystem.
- You are open to learning new technologies (Frontend incl.)
- You are ready and willing to share your knowledge across teams.
- You are open-minded and a real team player.
- You have business-fluent English language skills
Sounds great for you? Let's talk and see how much of a fit we are. You're welcome to apply through our careers page in only one minute. After you have successfully applied, you will get a confirmation e-mail straight away. If you shouldn't receive an e-mail from us, please check your junk mail and whitelist our e-mail.